Once the choice of startups, pay-monthly websites are becoming more popular with larger established businesses who need to manage costs and cash flow more closely. Despite the cost of living crisis, COVID or problems in other countries, more small businesses than ever are popping up.
All businesses from startups to established companies need a professional website to grow, and for many a monthly pay website is the best option.
In the initial stages of starting a business funds are tight and one of the first things to compromise on is the business website, there are many free “build-it-yourself” options out there but this often has downsides that you may not expect such as:-
- The site not looking professional
- The site looking the same as your competitors
- The site not being optimised for the search engines
- The design you really wanted being compromised because of the limitations of drag-and-drop
- Unexpected costs (additional features or transaction fees)
Taking these few examples in turn:-
- If you don’t have the design skills what looks great to you may look awful to your customers, a site that looks bad doesn’t instil confidence to your customers
- Your business has to stand out, you are starting a business where your competitors have already established their online space, a free template isn’t going to make you stand out from the crowd (well not in a good way)
- Lots of work goes in to building a professional business website, content and images all have to be optimised, metadata has to be correct, design, navigation and linking has to be done properly
- Unless you can code you will be saddled with the limitations of the drag-and-drop system provided by the system you have chosen
- Often new features on platforms such as Shopify come with additional monthly charges, if it’s an ecommerce website (selling online) some providers will add a couple of percent to the transaction charges that you pay to a 3rd party payment processor
And these are just a few examples of pitfalls.
The Benefits of a Pay-Monthly website
Some of the benefits of paying for a website or marketing package monthly are:-
- No high initial cost outlay
- You know every month what the cost will be so you can predict cash flow easily
- You can have a bespoke business website built for YOUR business and to your brand rather than a template website
- We provide local support and when you speak to us you are dealing with the people that built the website
- If anything happens to the site such as updating fails, plugins stop working, hosting goes down, the site is hacked then it is our problem not yours, you are free to get on building your business
Whether it’s due to a lack of immediate funds, a smaller priority for your digital marketing budget or you just need to be able to accurately predict your future cash-flow a pay-monthly website is often the preferred choice.
Choosing to pay-monthly for your website or marketing doesn’t mean you will get an inferior product or service or pay more for the website.
For example, there are no technical differences between a fixed price (pay upfront) website and a pay-monthly website and usually no cost penalties. A pay-monthly business website from activ digital marketing is still a fully bespoke site to your specification.
Comparisons between Fixed price and pay-monthly websites.
|Fixed Price Websites||Pay-Monthly Websites|
|Two 50% of final cost payments||Deposit & pay monthly|
|Built on WordPress||Built on WordPress|
|SSL Certificate||SSL Certificate|
|Fast secure hosting||Fast secure hosting|
|Full technical supports including WordPress & plugin updates||Full technical supports including WordPress & plugin updates|
|Scheduled backups||Scheduled backups|
|CMS Login to allow you to update your website||CMS Login to allow you to update your website|
|Free domain name (.co.uk domain subject to your choice being available)||Free domain name (.co.uk domain subject to your choice being available)|
|Google analytics||Google analytics|
|Freephone support line||Freephone support line|
|Annual hosting and SSL Renewal costs||Small monthly payments|
Our build process
Order your website, we will then arrange a meeting (either phone, video call or face-to-face whichever you prefer) to discuss your requirements.
We will build a professional business website for your business, using our experience and research into your industry and competitors.
We will send you a link to review your website for changes or approval, we will also arrange a meeting to discuss the site, once approved, we will launch your website following industry best practice.
We will finalise the launch, setup your analytics and login then handover the website to you.
Apart from technical support and free telephone/email support, you will receive 30 minutes training on using the CMS.